Are you new to working with the National Park Service? Join us as we explore foundational concepts that contribute to the success of all employees, volunteers, and partners to meet the mission of the National Park Service. During this two-hour webinar, we’ll look at what makes a unit nationally significant and build connections between the work you do and the mission of the National Park Service. We’ll also cover how to find additional resources for you to continue your orientation to the agency after the webinar.
During this webinar, participants will learn now to:
- Compare their personal mission statement to the NPS mission and reflect on potential alignment
- Summarize the four qualities needed for an NPS-unit to be nationally significant
- Analyze a unit’s Foundation Document for connection to the work of their position with the NPS
- Describe how the NPS fits in with the Department of the Interior
- List three types of NPS-unit designations
- Navigate the Common Learning Portal to find identified additional learning resources
Estimated Completion Time
Each webinar will run 2 hours with one, 10-minute break.
- August 26, 2020 from 2:30 – 4:30 pm ET
- September 9, 2020 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm ET