This online component addresses prerequisite Working Faller skills and knowledge to help you get ready for the field‐based course and eventual competency evaluation. This course builds on the foundational knowledge and skills associated with the Sawyer competency level, so you should be qualified as a Sawyer first.
Note that you’ll also need to complete the “NPS Working Faller Chainsaw Safety eCourse – 1 – Pre-Assessment” prior to enrolling. After completing the training modules, register for the “NPS Working Faller Chainsaw Safety eCourse – 3 – Post-Assessment” in DOI Talent (coming soon!). Once you complete the post-assessment to standard, you’ll print out your certificate to bring with you to the field portion of the course.
The Working Faller Training Course will prepare you to:
- Safely fall simple trees according to your falling plan and the intended lay without injury to personnel, equipment, or property
- Succeed on the WF competency evaluation
You may take this course at any time. However, you will be asked to review this eCourse when you are enrolled in the hands-on component of the Working Faller Training Program. This will ensure the information is fresh when you are working in the field.
Completion of this eCourse alone does not qualify you to independently fall a tree according to the guidelines of the National Chainsaw Safety Program. Qualification is attained through Competency Evaluation.
You will need to:
- Complete the pre-assessment in DOI Talent (20 min) - coming soon!
- Complete the content module (1 hr)
- Score at least 80% on the post-assessment (20 min) - coming soon!
- Print your certificate of completion to bring to the field training component.