This online course is an introduction to the National Park Service (NPS) Scorecard, a compilation of key performance and efficiency measures. The Scorecard provides information to NPS managers that they can use in conjunction with other tools to make management decisions, allocate funds and justify funding requests at park, regional and national levels.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the Scorecard
- Describe what the Scorecard measures and where the data comes from
- List the steps to access the database
- Identify the four types of Scorecard measures (Universal, Test, Informational, and Programmatic)
- Identify the types of reports that are available, and the information each report provides
- List at least three ways in which Scorecard data can be used in your park
This course is hosted by the Eppley Institute at Indiana University, a partner of the National Park Service. The Eppley Institute is responsible for the operation, functionality, and content of this course.