This online module is a refresher course for NPS Agreements Technical Representatives to maintain ATR certification.
The NPS Agreements Technical Representative (ATR) Refresher course consists of four modules:
- Definition and historical perspective of Financial Assistance and the proper use of Financial Assistance
- Legal authorities related to Financial Assistance and policy, guidance, and other resources to assist the ATR
- Types of Financial Assistance, the appropriations law and budgets related to Financial Assistance, and maintaining competition and transparency in Financial Assistance awards
- Purchase request packages related to Financial Assistance and ATR requirements and responsibilities
Upon completion of the module, you should be able to:
- Define Financial Assistance, including the concept of public purpose and the related legal context
- Describe the various legal instruments of Financial Assistance, such as Cooperative Agreements
- Describe the legal authorities that provide authorization for Financial Assistance
- Describe the various sources of regulation and guidance related to Financial Assistance such as OMB, the Red Book and more
- Define various types of legal instruments compared to Financial Assistance
- Describe the ways that appropriations law applies to Financial Assistance
- Describe the strategies and techniques for ensuring competitiveness and transparency
- List the required forms and templates for award and administration
- List the requirements and responsibilities of the ATR
- Describe the methods and requirements for monitoring a Financial Assistance award
Completion Credit: When you complete the course, you should inform FA_Certifications@NPS.gov that you completed your ATR training and you must submit your completion certificate. Instructions for submitting your certificate are located in the Google Drive.
Target Audience: Agreements Technical Representatives (ATRs) requiring refresher to maintain certification.