This course orients students to a natural resource management and science career path. It explains the roles of the natural resource professional within the National Park Service and introduces the concepts of ethical conduct, scientific integrity, interdisciplinary networks, and building and maintaining professional credibility. Students will address their professional development by exploring ways to design and implement professional development ideas.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role of natural resource professionals in the National Park Service
- Describe the Career Academy for Natural Resources and how it is organized
- Describe and apply scientific standards and the elements of credibility and integrity
- Recognize the types of professional relationships needed to build an interdisciplinary network of natural resource colleagues
- Develop a natural resources competency-based professional development plan that expands your capabilities
Estimated Completion Time
Natural resource professionals at the entry/developmental level or any natural resource professional new to the NPS.