The Climate Fundamentals Academy is a series of two, two-day training workshops presented by the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO). The Climate Fundamentals Academy enables attendees to participate in a simplified pathway for earning the Certified Climate Change Professional® (CC-P®) credential.
The second workshop focuses on Governance, Law and Policy; and Materiality, Risk Management and Economics. Specific topics include:
- Engaging Stakeholders and Establishing Early Strategies for Leading Organizational Change
- The Legal/Policy Landscape of Climate Change and Related Implications
- Ethics, Liability, and Professionalism
- Collaborating Beyond Organizational and Institutional Boundaries
- The Economics of Climate Change
- Analyzing and Quantifying Climate Risk, Assessing Materiality, and Disclosing Climate Risk
The first workshop will take place May 5-6. You do not need to attend both workshops.
These workshops are designed to provide participants with the following competencies:
- Recognizing situations where climate change outcomes affect the organization
- Assessing impacts of specific situational outcomes
- Enabling enterprise management of climate related initiatives
- Assessing and quantifying climate risks and opportunities
- Educating the organization on managing short-term and long-term uncertainty
- Tailoring communication to different audiences
- Leading organizational change initiatives
- Developing and overseeing training programs
- Attributing value to resource consumption
- Extending organizational capabilities and maintaining good stewardship of actions taken through collaboration and partnership
- Developing strategies for bundling, comparing and/or relying on existing management models
Estimated Completion Time
There is no tuition for NPS participants to attend the class. Once you have signed up in DOI Talent, you will receive additional information on how to complete your registration with ACCO.
Any travel costs will be paid by the benefiting account. Lodging allowance for Providence is $157, M & IE is $61.
Park Superintendents and Senior Managers, Natural and Cultural Resource Managers, Facility Management Personnel, Park Planners, Interpretation and Education Staff, Communication and Education Staff