The Climate Fundamentals Academy is a series of two, two-day training workshops presented by the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO). The Climate Fundamentals Academy enables attendees to participate in a simplified pathway for earning the Certified Climate Change Professional® (CC-P®) credential.
This workshop is being held in partnership with the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC). Series participants will learn from experts about the implications of climate change with a regional focus added for Kansas City, Missouri, and the mid-America region of the United States.
The second workshop of the series focuses on Governance, Law and Policy; and Materiality, Risk Management, and Economics. Specific topics include:
- Engaging Stakeholders and Establishing Early Strategies for Leading Organizational Change
- The Legal/Policy Landscape of Climate Change and Related Implications
- Ethics, Liability and Professionalism
- Collaborating Beyond Organizational and Institutional Boundaries
- The Economics of Climate Change
- Assessing Economic Impacts
- Fundamentals of Risk & Materiality
- Analyzing & Managing Climate Risk
You do not have to attend the first workshop to participate in this one.
The workshops are designed to provide participants with the following competencies:
- Recognizing situations where climate change outcomes affect the organization
- Assessing impacts of specific situational outcomes
- Enabling enterprise management of climate related initiatives
- Assessing and quantifying climate risks and opportunities
- Educating the organization on managing short-term and long-term uncertainty
- Tailoring communication to different audiences
- Leading organizational change initiatives
- Developing and overseeing training programs
- Attributing value to resource consumption
- Extending organizational capabilities and maintaining good stewardship of actions taken through collaboration and partnership
- Developing strategies for bundling, comparing, and/or relying on existing management models
Scroll down to the middle of the ACCO's Climate Fundamentals Academies page for links to the objectives of each session.
Estimated Completion Time
Senior Park Executives, Natural and Cultural Resource Managers, Facilities Personnel, Park Planners, Communicators, Educators
There is no tuition for NPS participants to attend the class. Any travel is to be paid by the benefiting account. Lodging in Independence, MO is $125. M & IE is $66.
Registration closes November 25.