The Business Principles and Practices series provides basic understanding of law and policy that pertain to a variety of administrative areas.
This course provides an overview of legislation, regulation, authorization, directive and policy that form the basis for the Volunteer-In-Parks program.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Apply understanding of volunteer policies and regulations to monitor and oversee the park's VIP program
- Apply sound practices to their VIP programs
This course is designed for new Administrative professionals; however, new NPS employees responsible for the VIP program at their park may find this content helpful.
Business Principles and Practices Series:
- Authorities and Guidance
- Commercial Services, Special Use Permits, and Park Partners
- Embracing Volunteerism
- Ethical Practices for NPS Employees
- Housing Management Basics
- Property Management Basics