This Adobe Acrobat Section 508 accessibility training course will help you become familiar with and come into compliance with the Federal Government’s ADA Section 508 accessibility regulations. The course will cover software features that are designed to help you meet those requirements. Students are expected to be familiar with Acrobat already, as no time is allotted to review any basics of the application. This material is applicable to all recent versions of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
This course is being offered on site at the ThinkB!G Learn Smart offices in Columbia, MD, or live online.
In this course you will learn:
- What is accessibility in publications?
- What are the Section 508 requirements?
- Evaluating existing PDF publications, forms, and archived documents
- Workflow adjustments to comply with accessibility standards
- Authoring documents for accessibility
- Applying the best design practices to yield accessibility
- Adding alternate text to images and charts
- Working with tables, figures and captions
- Preserving accessibility features when exporting to PDF
- Using the Accessibility Checker and the Tags panel in Acrobat
- Creating a PDF from Microsoft Word
- Create an Accessible PDF file from Adobe InDesign
Times for Acrobat Section 508Accessibility Intro Training:
8:30AM-3:00PM ET / 5:30AM-12:00PM PT (30 Minute Lunch)
Prerequisites for Attending Acrobat Section 508 Accessibility Intro:
Students must have a good working knowledge of computers, operating systems, using a mouse, keyboard, standard menus and commands. Students must be able to open, save, and close applications and files, as well as navigate to other folders. You need a solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It is highly recommended that you have taken Acrobat Pro Intro prior to attending this class. If you use InDesign, it is recommended that you take InDesign Intro prior to this class.
Online Live Students are required to have the following in order to participate in class:
1. High-Speed Internet
2. Software of the Application you are learning, and any other software installations required for class
3. Ability to Download all Class Files
4. Ability to run and install our Easy to Use Web Conferencing Application
5. Two Monitors or Two Computers with audio/mic (One for viewing, one for training)