Is fear stopping you from taking action? In this TED Talk, best-selling author Tim Ferriss explains that this can be resolved with an activity he calls “fear-setting.” In fact, he argues that defining your fears may be more important than defining your goals.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Define stoicism in the context of leadership principles
- Recall why stoicism is a superpower in high stress environments
- Know the purpose of and how to perform the 3-part fear-setting exercise
Watch the Video
After watching the video, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this video with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- In your own words, define stoicism. How does stoicism help one thrive in high stress environments?
- Name one leader you know who exemplifies stoicism. How does he/she demonstrate this quality?
- How well do you exemplify stoicism? How can you improve this trait?
- Apply the 3-part fear-setting exercise to a fear in your own life. Reflect on the results.