Now that the Revised Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines have been published, learn how incorporating the WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria has improved and clarified accessibility requirements and will result in the creation of content that is more accessible, while being easier to understand.
This webinar reviews the WCAG 2.0 standard highlighting certain Level A and AA Success Criteria to demonstrate how they impact the Revised Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines. The webinar presenters discuss best practices, helpful tips, and provide real-life examples to ensure that your agency is successfully engaging with all its stakeholders, including those with disabilities.
This webinar covers the following topics:
- What does it mean for WCAG 2.0 to be “incorporated by reference”?
- How do the WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria improve the accessibility of web and non-web information and communication technology (ICT)?
- What resources are available to assist content creators and developers to test and verify ICT accessibility?
What You’ll Find
- Audio recording of the webinar
- Webinar Archive [Blackboard]
- Presentation slides for the webinar [PDF]
This is one of six webinars in this series. Navigate to the links below to view the other five webinars in the series:
- Accessibility of electronic content: How to apply the Revised Section 508 Standards within a Federal Agency; What Resources are Available?
- Section 508 Refresh – ICT Final Standards and Guidelines (2017)
- Old vs. New: Original Section 508 Standards (2000) vs. the Revised Section 508 Standards (2017)
- CIOC Revised Section 508 – Chapter 4: Hardware
- CIOC Revised Section 508 – Chapter 5: Software
Additionally, join the Section 508 and Accessibility workgroup on the CLP Commons! This group offers a space to ask questions, share resources, and access experts.