There’s a lot to consider when creating training for your peers. These job aids and engaging instructional videos will help you effectively plan lessons and set up your classroom. Learn about how to effectively build and deliver a course, improve your instructional skills and create dynamic memorable experiences for your students with the following tools.
What you’ll find
Class Creation Guides
- Instructional Strategies & Technologies – Guidance to select effective instructional strategies and technologies
- How to Turn a Lecture into Meaningful Training – Practical advice on turning a dull lecture into meaningful training
- Dealing with Difficult Participants – Techniques for managing difficult participants in training classes
- Training Games – Quick and engaging ways to wake up your participants and keep them with you
- Transfer of Learning – Make training useful in the real-world
- Creating a Complete Lesson Plan – Learn the basic components of a complete lesson plan
- Power Point Resources – Resources to help develop compelling presentations
- Basic PC shortcut keys – Cheat sheet of basic PC shortcut keys
- Time Management – Tips for keeping your presentation on schedule
- Classroom Arrangements – Create a dynamic student centered environment with seating arrangements
Handouts, Evaluations, and Surveys
- Sample Agenda – Sample agenda for “Operational Leadership Presenter Skills Development Program” that you can tailor to your classes
- Presentation Assessment Form – Offer your students the opportunity to help you improve your presentation
- Course Evaluation – 1-page google form with questions that capture a student’s thoughts on the class at the end of the course (hosted on an NPS google site only available to DOI employees)
- Pre-course Survey – 1-page google form with questions that asses participants level of knowledge going into the course (hosted on an NPS google site only available to DOI employees)
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – Discover the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace
- Changing Education Paradigms – Radically rethink our school systems to cultivate creativity
- TED Talk: The Power of Introverts – Introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world that should be encouraged and celebrated.
- TED Talk Video: 3 Rules to Spark Learning – A fun and personal talk that gives 3 rules to spark imagination and learning and get students excited about how the world works.
Share your instructor experiences and tips in the Write A Review section below!