Welcome to the Trades Alive! Historic Preservation Video Series. This video series features historic preservationists and trades specialists from across the NPS. Watch the videos in the links below to gain new skills in carpentry, masonry, metalwork, and other skilled trades.
- Matching Mortar
- Raking Mortar Joints
- Repointing Mortar Joints
- Shaping Split Boulders
- Splitting Boulders
- Stone Grave Markers
- Trowels, Hammers, and Chisels
- Why Do We Use a Plugging Chisel?
- Preservation Horticulture Video Series Introduction
- Pruning Basics, Part One: Tools
- Pruning Basics, Part Two: Cleaning
- Soil Excavation and Aeration with an Airspade