In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate 20 min talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated.
Watch the Video
What You’ll Learn
- What is introversion
- What we lose by shutting down introverts
- What we can gain by embracing introverts
- How can we maximize introverts talents
- Stop the madness for constant group work
- Go to the wilderness
- Take a good look at what’s inside your own suitcase and why you put it there
After watching the video, reflect on the following questions
- What is in your suitcase?
- How and where do you share it?
- How might understanding introversion affect your worklife?