So, you have finally started your career with the National Park Service, and planning for your retirement is the furthest thing from your mind. Retirement planning actually needs to be something you start sooner rather than later! In the NPS, this means the Thrift Savings Plan.
Why Start Planning Now?
It really comes down to the cold equations of math. The sooner you start saving, the more you will actually end up with because of a little thing called “compounded interest.”
What You’ll Learn
- Why start now
- How much to contribute
- Make it automatic
- Where to put your money
- Don’t invest too conservatively
- Don’t touch your retirement savings
Other TSP Resources on the CLP
- Intro to Thrift Savings Plan Webinar
- Thrift Savings Plan: New Withdrawal Options
- Thrift Savings Plan: Contributions and Funds Webinar