Ever feel like you’re not achieving the results you want? Looking to advance your life and wondering how? In this easy-to-read article by MindTools, discover how using the SMART tool can help provide focus, direction and motivation to accomplish your goals.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of using the SMART tool
- Know the meaning of the acronym “SMART”
- Apply the SMART tool to your own goals
After reading the article, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this article with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- In your opinion, what is the biggest benefit of using the SMART tool?
- Without referencing the article, what does the acronym “SMART” stand for?
- Reflect on one of your own personal goals, something that you would like to accomplish this month. Apply the SMART tool to that goal. After achieving your goal, remember to celebrate your success!