The Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science at Stony Brook University empowers scientists and health professionals to communicate complex topics in clear, vivid, and engaging ways; leading to improved understanding by the public, media, patients, elected officials, and others outside of their own discipline.
A series of monthly webinars by leading science communication experts offers individuals a different perspective on communication, and provides other science communication experts with a forum to share their ideas and engage with each other. Recordings of past webinars are available free to the public.
Topics of archived recordings include:
- Social Media Workshop for Scientists: Extending Your Digital Footprint
- A Guide to Speaking with Humans
- Science Communication: A Visual Perspective
- Eleven Principles for Communicating Science to Get Results
- Making Science Communication More Strategic
- Relationship-Building and Influence: Tips for Getting Sponsors to Support Your Science
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Science Communication
Webinars are 1 hour and15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes long.