This video covers the preservation basics that form the basis of National Park Service work. This includes guiding legislation and preservation maintenance activities, such as preservation horticulture.
The first part of the video focuses on the policy basics:
- National Historic Preservation Act
- Section 110
- Section 106
- Secretary of the Interior’s Standards
The second part looks more intently at the on-the-ground aspects of preservation maintenance in cultural landscapes, with an emphasis on horticultural resources:
- Review of cultural landscape concepts
- Preservation maintenance vs. traditional maintenance
- Techniques for maintaining cultural landscapes
Watch the Video
About This Video
This video was originally presented as a webinar to participants preparing to attend a Preservation Horticulture Workshop. The workshop was presented by the Park Cultural Landscapes Program with the Vanishing Treasures Program.
Can’t find what you need? Contact the Park Cultural Landscapes Program via email or the program lead in your region.