For introverts, standing up in front of a room full of people to give a presentation can be a pretty daunting task! But just because it feels unnatural doesn’t mean that it’s impossible, and with the right advice you can learn how to use your introverted nature to your advantage.
This free video discusses the differences between introverts and extroverts, and how introverts can become great presenters. This video is about far more than overcoming nerves. You’ll learn practical tips on how introverts can harness their strengths and overcome the challenges they face when presenting.
What You’ll Learn
- The difference between introversion and extroversion and famous introverts
- Five things to consider when planning presentations: Attitude, Content, Preparation, Delivery and Follow-up
- “Winging it” vs. preparation
- Creating effective slides that illustrate your message rather than telling it for you
- Desensitizing and familiarizing yourself with your content, the venue and audience to ease nervousness
- Soft skills to overcome nerves
View the entire BrightCarbon Presentation Skills Resource Library
- As an introvert, what is your greatest challenge in giving a presentation?
- What tips presented in this video can you use in preparing for and giving future presentations?