Do you want to continue learning about the plans essential to developing, maintaining, and ensuring a healthy partnership between the National Park Service and our cooperating association partners?
This is the fifth webinar in an ongoing series of trainings about the vital partnership between the National Park Service and Cooperating Associations. This webinar will take a “deep dive” into the three required planning documents that are key to successful partnerships.
Directors Order 32 emphasizes the importance of superintendents involving Cooperating Associations in long range plans. We will explore the details of the Annual Operating Plan, focus on appropriate and inappropriate uses of Annual Aid-to-NPS funds, and learn how to keep a Scope of Sales updated and relevant. Participants will share successful examples from the field and discuss COVID-era impacts on this year’s planning process.
This webinar is for Superintendents, Park Program Managers, Cooperating Association Executive Directors, Park Cooperating Association Coordinators, and any other NPS and cooperating association employees interested in the topic.
What You Will Learn
Participants will be able to:
- Explore relevant sections of DO/RM 32 and the 2019 OIG report.
- Continue our deep dive into the challenging aspects of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Clarify appropriate use of Aid-to-NPS donated funds.
- Determine which aspects of the Scope of Sales should be reviewed annually.
- Inspire parks and partners to work collaboratively to enhance the strength of the partnership, especially during challenging times.
Watch the Video
Check out other webinars in the series: