What It Is
The OPM Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training Fact Sheet provides a comprehensive training frameworks for Federal supervisors and managers. The frameworks incorporate mandatory training, recommended training, leadership competencies and human resources technical knowledge needed to succeed as a supervisor or manager.
The frameworks are meant to assist agency instructional designers and training managers in charting supervisory and managerial development. Aspiring and current supervisors and managers are encouraged to review the frameworks to assess their knowledge of leadership and technical competencies.
The Fact Sheet includes:
- Supervisory and Managerial Training FAQs
- Federal Supervisory Training Framework
- Federal Managerial Training Framework
- Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training Framework Definitions and Learning Objectives
- Training Evaluation Field Guide Supplement
- Logic Model Template for Creating Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training and Development
- OPM Leadership Development Matrix
Why It Matters
Currently, the relevant NPS Director’s Order covering supervisory training is out of date. Until such time a revised Director’s Order is released, agencies should use the Fact Sheet and frameworks as supervisory and managerial training guidance.
You can find more supervisory and managerial training courses and resources on the New Supervisor Development Program CLP Landing Page!