What It Is
The OPM Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training provides comprehensive training frameworks for Federal supervisors and managers. The frameworks are meant to assist agency instructional designers and training managers in charting supervisory and managerial development. Aspiring and current supervisors and managers are encouraged to review the frameworks to assess their knowledge of leadership and technical competencies.
The Framework outlines (pg. 8-9):
- Mandatory training and recommended competency development for
- aspiring leaders,
- team leaders,
- new supervisors.
- Overarching topics encompassing critical HR-related technical knowledge.
The Fact Sheet includes (pg. 3-7):
- Supervisory and Managerial Training FAQs
- Federal Supervisory Training Framework
- Federal Managerial Training Framework
- Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training Framework Definitions and Learning Objectives
- Training Evaluation Field Guide Supplement
- Logic Model Template for Creating Federal Supervisory and Managerial Training and Development
- OPM Leadership Development Matrix