The National Park Service Fundamentals Residential Training program is designed for permanent employees in the National Park Service. It’s a great way to learn more about the organization, explore current issues, network with your peers, and form a strong foundation for your career.
The newly updated NPS Fundamentals program is an introductory overview of the NPS. The program consists of three components:
- Self-study, online Essential Resources (new Learning Activities coming soon!)
- Pre-class webinar: Welcome to NPS Fundamentals
- A residential experience held at the Horace Albright Training Center in Grand Canyon National Park or an On-the-Road class held in another national park
At the end of Fundamentals, participants will:
- Explain how the mission of the National Park Service, including how the dual directive within that mission, drives the complexity of park issues and operations.
- Articulate how each employee is an integral part of accomplishing the NPS mission.
- Describe the current NPS culture and be empowered to positively influence NPS culture.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative knowledge to solve problems and make decisions in group projects.
- Gain an understanding of the career development opportunities the NPS offers.
How To Apply
Take a look at the Upcoming Fundamentals Class Dates.
Click the Apply Here button, and fill out the registration form.