The National Park Service Fundamentals Residential Training program is designed for permanent employees with the Park Service. It’s a great way to learn more about the organization, explore current issues, network with your peers, and form a strong foundation for your career.
The newly updated NPS Fundamentals program is an introductory overview of the NPS. The program consists of two components:
- Self-study online Essential Resources
- A residential experience held at the Horace Albright Training Center in Grand Canyon National Park
Participants attending NPS Fundamentals Residential Training will:
- Understand the NPS mission, core values and culture
- Gain knowledge in the legislative, funding, and planning processes that guide park management
- Understand the basic functions of NPS operations and programs
- Develop strategies that enhance Relevancy, Diversity and Inclusion
- Initiate interaction with potential network contacts
How to Apply
Take a look at the Upcoming Fundamentals Class Dates.
Click the Apply Here button, and fill out the registration form.