The Office of Personnel Management training wiki provides an excellent resource in their Mentoring in Government page.
What You Will Find
“Mentoring is a process that focuses specifically on providing guidance, direction, and career advice…Not all mentoring relationships are formed through formal programs. Informal mentoring programs may also be effective…”
The resource provides:
- Definitions of formal and informal mentoring
- 2 examples of informal programs Flash Mentoring and Speed Mentoring
- Links to
- Case studies and contact information from:
- Department of Energy
- Department of State-USAID
- Professional Organizations and more
Additional Resources from OPM
In addition to the wiki, a search in the OPM.GOV site for “mentor” yields a large list of past and current resources, programs, and FAQs.
Additional Resources on the CLP
- Check out the Mentor, Mentorship, and Mentoring Resources in the NPS page to access curated resources that will help you become either a mentor, mentee, or both!
- Access additional CLP resources on Mentoring.
- Find an informal mentor in the CLP Commons!