What is Fundamentals?
Staying at Albright Training Center and the Grand Canyon
What is the weather like? What is for sale at the General Store? What if I need a package delivered? Find answers by using the links below or post a question in your Fundamentals class forum.
All employees are encouraged to create or update their CLP profiles since they will receive an invite to their class forum about 1 month prior to class.
- For information about the Albright Student Residence
- Grand Canyon National Park Trip Planning Information and Maps
Weekend and After Class Activities
There will be ample time to explore Grand Canyon National Park and the surrounding areas after class and on the weekend. Popular activities include hiking, biking, and viewing sunrises and sunsets. You can find more information to help you prepare for your time outside of class in the link below.
NPS Fundamentals Essentials Online Reading
The NPS Fundamentals Essentials introduce important areas and aspects of National Park Service operations. You will maximize your Fundamentals experience by reviewing this material.
We’re Better Together
What We Do
- Interpretation and Education
- Visitor and Resource Protection
- Facilities Management
- Resource Management
- Commercial Services
- Administration, Business Operations, and Information Technology
Who We Are
- Law and Policy
- Relevancy, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Harassment
- Operations at a National Level
- Safety and Wellness
**New learning activities will be available soon.**
- NPS Career Fields
- Building Your Emotional Intelligence
- Individual Development Plan Guide
- New Employee Toolkit: Contains New Employee Handbook, Payroll Forms, New Employee Checklists, Acronyms and Common Terms
- NPS Headquarters Organization Chart
- National Park Service Management Policies
- NPS Planning: Catalog of Products and Services
- NPS Programs Guide