Individual development planning (IDP) is strategically planning for yourself. Using the IDP forms and guides helps make your plan SMART- Specific-Measurable-Achievable- Relevant- and Time Based.
- Individual Development Plan Template – An Excel spreadsheet that guides you through the creation of an Individual Development Plan
- Annual Individual Development Plan Guide – A reference book that explans beniffits of an IDP, the step-by-step process to create an IDP, and suggested types of activities that promote employee learning and development.
- Individual Development Plan Fulfillment Grants -The NER IDP Fulfillment Grant Program awards grants to selected applicants in order to advance developmental goals as annotated on the employee’s approved IDP.
Reference Materials for Careers and Learning
- Career One Step (Dept. of Labor) – Department of Labor Job Resources- Career assessments, skills banks, position descriptions, advertised jobs, professional Associations
- Detail and Temporary Promotion Opportunities (NER Help Wanted) – Website with latest postings throughout the NER for detail and temporary promotions.
Training on IDPs
Search in the Knowledge Park for learning opportunities to assist with you Individual Development Planning.