This recorded webinar from the 2017 Virtual Conference for Supervisors provides an overview of various hiring flexibilities and authorities available for supervisors to quickly fill available positions. The webinar also contains tips for increasing the quality of your applicant pool.
The 2017 Virtual Conference for Supervisors delivered virtual training sessions on topics such as Reasonable Accommodations, Performance Standards, Workforce Planning, Position Management and Ethics. The Conference served to support OPM guidance on training new supervisors should receive within their first three months of assignment to a supervisory position.
This recording does not replace attending the Hiring Flexibilities live training. The recording is only intended as a supplement to the live training.
What You’ll Learn
This recorded webinar covers:
- The importance of good communication between supervisors and HR before, during and after the hiring process
- Planning workforce requirements to best meet the needs of the organization and mission
- Various types of hiring flexibilities, including Veteran’s Recruitment Authority, the Veteran’s Employment Opportunities Act, Schedule A and hiring individual with disabilities, Pathways and Recent Graduates Programs, the Presidential Management Fellows Program and hiring authorities available for resource fields.
Watch the Webinar Recordings
March 6, 2017 Webinar
March 8, 2017 Webinar
March 10, 2017 Webinar
- Did this webinar help you understand the different options available to you outside the usual hiring processes that might more quickly fill your vacant positions?
- Which of the hiring flexibilities discussed in the webinar can you use to fill your vacant positions?