How do we solve problems in the workplace? In this TED Talk, designer Tom Wujec Discover reveals unexpected truths about how we collaborate and make sense of things. Learn how to make your ideas more visible, tangible, and consequential.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Recall the benefits of breaking down complexities into systems (with nodes and relationships)
- Know how to create better system models for improved problem solving capabilities
- Recognize the power of collaborative visualization
Watch the Video
After watching the video, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this video with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- What are the benefits of breaking down complexities into systems with nodes and relationships, as shown in this video?
- Tom shows us how participants initially illustrated their “toast system”. Then he goes on to demonstrate how better system models are created. What is the difference between the initial system and the improved system? Why did it enable better results?
- Consider a current problem you are facing. Apply the collaborative visualization technique from the video and reflect on the results.