Through sharing her daily routines, Brené Brown, best-selling author and research professor at the University of Houston, encourages us to live life with courage and vulnerability. Her story also shows us how practicing gratitude and a healthy lifestyle goes a long way toward helping us be our best selves. In addition, she reminds us to examine our intentions as we share our vulnerabilities.
What You’ll Learn
This article reminds us to take care of our bodies, and to live life with courage and vulnerability, so that we can be our best selves. Brené Brown’s keys to success include:
- Practicing gratitude
- Staying hydrated
- Getting exercise
- Getting enough sleep
- Scheduling contemplative time
- Constantly challenging yourself
- Understanding that courage is about feeling vulnerable
- Sharing your vulnerability with the right intentions
- Getting out of your comfort zone
Read the Article
Reflect on a time you chose to show vulnerability and describe your intentions in doing so. What was the outcome?