The Workforce and Inclusion, Office of Learning & Development (L&D), is pleased to announce the launch of the FY-17 cohort of the New Division Chief Leadership Development Program (NDCLDP). The program’s focus is on enhancing a new Division Chief’s ability to be an effective member of a management team.
The program addresses ten leadership competencies:
- Human Capital Management
- Conflict Management
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Political Savvy
- Team Building
- Systems Thinking
- Financial Management
- Time Management
Audience: To participate in the program, you must be a new, first-time Division Chief within two years of assignment. Chiefs with more than two years of experience may still apply, but will be assigned a lower priority ranking.
Prerequisites: Interested applicants must have supervisory approval to attend, and must confirm their availability to participate in all learning events. Events are as follows (Events which require travel are shown in italicized text):
- June 29, 2016: OPM 360 (TM) Group Orientation Briefing Webinar
- June 29 – August 5, 2016: OPM Assessment Period
- August 17, 2016: OPM 360 (TM) Group Feedback Briefing Webinar
- August 18-26, 2016: OPM 360 (TM) Individual Feedback Sessions
- August 30-September 1, 2016: Orientation. Residential training in Washington D.C.
- September 20, 2016: Webinar 1
- October 26, 2016: Webinar 2
- November 16, 2016: Webinar 3
- January 18, 2017: Webinar 4
- February 28-March 2, 2017: Graduation. Residential Training – Location TBD.
To Apply: The application period for the FY17 program is closed. Check back for information about the FY18 program.