These webinar recordings from February 22, March 2, June 20 and June 26, 2017, cover the basics of environmental purchasing, including the impacts of federal environmental purchases, green purchasing requirements for federal charge card holders and purchasing decision-makers, where you can purchase environmentally preferable products and tools to help you make purchase decisions. The webinar ends with an open forum Q&A discussion.
What You’ll Learn
At the end of this webinar, you will understand:
- That federal agencies, including the NPS, are required and encouraged to purchase environmentally preferable materials and emphasize environmentally preferable practices in contracts
- The impacts of your purchases as a federal charge card holder or purchase decision-maker
- Certain types of products have been specifically designated and must meet specified requirements for recycled content, bio-based content, or energy and water efficiency
- That tools and resources are available to help you execute your responsibilities for purchasing environmentally preferable products and services
Watch the Webinar Recordings
Note: You must have access to the Sustainable Operations Sharepoint site. If you do not currently have access to the Sustainable Operations Sharepoint site, you may request access via the above link.
February 22 and March 2, 2017 Environmental Purchasing Webinars
July 20 and 26, 2017 Environmental Purchasing Webinars
- Did these webinars help you the importance of and your responsibilities in purchasing environmentally preferable products?
- Do you want to know more about NPS Sustainable Operations? Visit the NPS Sustainable Operations and Climate Change home page!