Have you discovered the popular webinar series For Educators, By Educators? Now is your chance to dive in! The July 26, 2016 session examined techniques used in historical studies. In particular, at how park educators, interpreters, and educators can utilize techniques to enhance student learning at national parks.
The July session also looked at how such techniques can compliment strategies and lessons learned in classrooms. These techniques may result in more successful connections made between lessons in the classroom and lessons learned at national parks. Explore this topic further with Enhancing Student Learning on Visits to National Parks.
From the Presentation
Why study history?
- History helps us understand people and societies.
- History helps us understand change and how the society we live in came to be.
- The importance of history in our own lives.
- History contributes to moral understanding.
- History provides identity.
- Studying history is essential for good citizenship.
The webinar was facilitated by Derek Hughes, a classroom teacher at Harpers Ferry Middle School in Harpers Ferry, WV.