The Eisenhower Matrix, also referred to as Urgent-Important Matrix, helps you decide on and prioritize tasks by urgency and importance, sorting out less urgent and important tasks which you should either delegate or not do at all.
What you’ll find
This website offers tools to help you prioritize and balance your time.
- Overview of the 4 Matrix quadrants prioritizing tasks by urgency and importance results in 4 quadrants with different work strategies
- 3-minute video tutorial on “Understanding the Eisenhower Matrix”
- Matrix Apps
Time management tips
- Putting things to-do on a list frees your mind.
- Try limiting yourself to no more than eight tasks per quadrant.
- You should always maintain only one list for both business and private tasks. That way you will never be able to complain about not having done anything for your family or yourself at the end of the day.
- Do not let others define your priority. Plan in the morning, then work on your stuff.
- Finally, try not to procrastinate that much. Not even by over-managing your to-dos.
- How can prioritizing your to-do list with a tool like the Eisenhower Matrix improve your productivity?
- What obstacles in your work life prevent you from sticking to your priorities?
- How can you work with your manager or supervisor to remove those priority-busting obstacles?