In the TED Talk Everyday Leadership, Drew Dudley explores the more nuanced aspects of leadership; those smaller actions that we choose on a daily basis that can individually or collectively have a profound impact on ourselves and others.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Define everyday leadership in your own words
- Describe the importance of everyday leadership
- Recognize the myth that leadership is something bigger than you
- Know that you are an agent of change
Watch the Video
After watching the video, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this video with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a “lollipop moment”? What was the impact on you and the other person?
- In your own words, define everyday leadership.
- List one way you currently demonstrate everyday leadership.
- Develop one new way you can demonstrate everyday leadership and try it out for a week.