This lively RSA Animate video, based on a Dan Pink talk, illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace. Most of us believe that the best way to motivate ourselves and others is with external rewards like money. That’s a mistake.The secret to high performance and satisfaction is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
Watch the Video
What You’ll Learn
During this video you will:
- Examine three elements of true motivation—autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Learn smart and surprising techniques for putting autonomy, mastery, and purpose into action
- Discover how companies use these new approaches to motivation
- When has autonomy in your work led to innovation?
- More by Dan Pink:
- More lectures available at the Harvard Graduate School Of Education.