The purpose of this document is to provide instructions for Site Content Creators (SCC) and Site Content Approvers (SCA) who are creating or editing News Posts on the Common Learning Portal (CLP) website. This document will provide:
- Instructions clarifying how to create and edit content
- Standardization of content creation processes to ensure the site content is consistent, high value, and appropriate.
What you’ll learn
- Definition of a CLP News Post
- Technical user documentation (Creating News Posts for SCCs and SCAs) about how to create a news post)
- Formatting guidelines (tips about how to write the content including standardized headers for this type of resource)
Should your content live on the CLP, or should you link to it elsewhere?
Content that lives on the CLP can take multiple forms including:
- PDFs, Word Documents, and other files uploaded to the CLP Media Library; and
- Content created directly in the HTML on the page.
When you’re creating your CLP content, you can either create content that lives on the CLP, or you can create a short overview and link out to the content on another website. But how do you decide which is best? This quick-reference decision tree will help you decide where your content should live. If you have further questions, contact anyone from the Distance Learning Group.