The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It is not an official legal edition of the CFR. The e-CFR is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration’s Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The OFR updates the material in the e-CFR on a daily basis. The current update status appears at the top of all e-CFR web pages, click here to learn more.
Click here to view the e-CFR.
What you’ll find
- Sections for customers, vendors and libraries
- Two linked databases: the “current Code” and “amendment files.”
- The OFR updates the current Code database according to the effective dates of amendments published in the Federal Register.
- As amendments become effective, the OFR integrates the changes into the current Code database to display the full text of the currently updated CFR.
- For future-effective amendments, the OFR inserts hypertext links into the affected Code provisions so that users can review these amendments.