The short videos in the NPS Climate Change Science Video Series highlight some of the climate change impacts and related scientific research that is occurring in national parks. These videos were primarily created to provide an overview for NPS interpreters and educators, and to showcase the collaborative effort of climate change research, response and communication.
What you’ll find
The NPS Climate Change Science Video Series offers videos on the following topics:
- Glacial Change at Kenai Fjords National Park
- Species Loss, Precipitation, and Fire in Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park
- Sea Level Rise in Everglades National Park
- Phenology and Citizen Science in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Ocean Acidification at Point Reyes National Seashore
- Climate Change in National Parks: Culture and History on Jamestown Island
- Climate Change and Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C.
- Citizen Science in the Changing Desert
Created to introduce this series, the video, Climate Change in National Parks–The Role of Interpreters , highlights the critical role of interpretation and includes empowering interviews from NPS leadership in Washington.