The revised Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines have significantly changed the way software is addressed in the existing Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines (1998-2000). The incorporation by reference of WCAG 2.0 and the use of software on mobile devices such as phones and tablets are examples of these changes.
In this advanced session, the presenters discuss the provisions of Chapter 5 Software. This includes a discussion of how the provisions of Chapter 5 apply to software that is integral to the use of telecommunications functions of a phone covered by the Section 255 Guidelines. They will address interoperability with assistive technology, applications and authoring tools, and explain how the WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA Success Criteria are used in this chapter.
The presenters in this session discuss best practices, helpful tips, and will provide real-life examples to ensure that your agency is successfully engaging with all its stakeholders including those with disabilities.
What You’ll Find
This is one of six webinars in this series. Navigate to the links below to view the other five webinars in the series:
- Accessibility of electronic content: How to apply the Revised Section 508 Standards within a Federal Agency; What Resources are Available?
- Section 508 Refresh – ICT Final Standards and Guidelines (2017)
- WCAG 2.0 and the Revised Section 508 Standards
- Old vs. New: Original Section 508 Standards (2000) vs. the Revised Section 508 Standards (2017)
- CIOC Revised Section 508 – Chapter 4: Hardware
Additionally, join the Section 508 and Accessibility workgroup on the CLP Commons! This group offers a space to ask questions, share resources, and access experts.