The revised Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines address many changes to technology that have occurred since 2000. Among the most significant changes are the widespread use of mobile technology and the increasing use of mobile devices to perform a variety of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) functions.
- Closed Functionality
- New requirements for speech-output for ICT with display screens
- Operable parts
- ICT with two-way voice communication
- Closed caption and audio description processing technologies
- User controls
The presenters also discuss sources for technical assistance and provide examples of how the hardware provisions may be implemented.
What You’ll Find
- Audio recording of the webinar
- Webinar Archive [Blackboard]
- Presentation slides for the webinar [PDF]
This is one of six webinars in this series. Navigate to the links below to view the other five webinars in the series:
- Accessibility of electronic content: How to apply the Revised Section 508 Standards within a Federal Agency; What Resources are Available?
- Section 508 Refresh – ICT Final Standards and Guidelines (2017)
- Old vs. New: Original Section 508 Standards (2000) vs. the Revised Section 508 Standards (2017)
- WCAG 2.0 and the Revised Section 508 Standards
- CIOC Revised Section 508 – Chapter 5: Software
Additionally, join the Section 508 and Accessibility workgroup on the CLP Commons! This group offers a space to ask questions, share resources, and access experts.