Prepare yourself for senior leadership positions in your agency by becoming a Brookings Executive Education (BEE) Executive Fellow, a unique “customizable cohort” learning experience. As a BEE Executive Fellow you will attend five cohort courses that ground you in BEE’s research based, award winning paradigm for executive success: Leading Thinking®.
Executive Fellows start the 12 month program (20 course days) with an assessment and feedback session. A 360-degree leadership assessment based on the Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) ECQs Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) will provide a baseline from which to assess strengths and learning opportunities. In addition to the cohort courses, Fellows’ will receive vouchers to attend other BEE competency-focused leadership courses to close any perceived leadership gaps or specific knowledge, skills, and behaviors you want to develop.
- Experience an hour feedback session with an executive coach who has recently retired from the Senior Executive Service.
- Benefit from the close relationships developed with other fellows in the cohort courses and
- Expand your networks further by interacting with the entire BEE learning community in open enrollment courses.
- Receive the BEE Certificate in Public Leadership – a unique credential that advances and recognizes the leadership of government managers and executives.
At the conclusion of the fellowship you will have the opportunity to take a 180-degree assessment, providing them with data about how you are now perceived as leaders in your organization.
There are deadlines in place for application submission. Be sure to check the Brookings Executive Education website to ensure that you have all required material submitted on time.
Fall 2016 Cohort Courses
Application Deadline: August 15, 2016
October 5–6, 2016: Leading Thinking® and Problem Solving
January 11–12, 2017: Interpersonal Savvy
March 28–29, 2017: Leading Through Influence
June 6–7, 2017: Leading Innovation and Creating New Value
September 19–20, 2017: Enterprise Leadership
As a fellow you will receive five vouchers to be used on BEE Executive Pathways courses through September 2017. You will also have the option of attending one of the following SES Bootcamp seminar sessions:
November 2-3, 2016
May 16-17, 2017
Fall 2017 Cohort Courses
Application Deadline: August 14, 2017
October 11-12, 2017: Leading Thinking® and Problem Solving
January 9-10, 2018: Interpersonal Savvy
March 28–29, 2018: Leading Through Influence
June 5–6, 2018: Leading Innovation and Creating New Value
September 18-19, 2018: Enterprise Leadership
As a fellow you will receive five vouchers to be used on Executive Pathways courses through September 2018. You will also have the option of attending one of the following SES Bootcamp seminar sessions:
November 1-2, 2017
May 16-17, 2018
How To Apply
You will need to provide:
- a current résumé
- a recommendation from your supervisor
- statement describing the relevance of the fellowship to your career goals (approximately 300 words)
- a completed, approved, and signed training form, including a valid billing address and purchase order number or credit card
To receive further information about this program or to receive an invitation to future informational events, please email our Specialty Programs Manager, Joy Jackson, at email@example.com.