You have been in a mentor/mentee relationship for awhile… How is it going? How would you know? These two resources provide the mentor and the mentee opportunities to take a step back and evaluate the relationship.
There are two self-assessments available to use. Rate yourself as you actually are, not as you’d like to be.
What You Will Find
The assessments cover:
These assessments are courtesy the IR2 Future Leaders Program, but are applicable to anyone in a mentor/mentee relationship whether it is informal or formal.
- If it feels comfortable, discuss your findings in your next mentoring meeting.
- Take an assessment early and then later in your relationship; is there a change?
- Consider doing the assessment for the other person to gain insight on their perceptions.
- Check out the Mentor, Mentorship, and Mentoring Resources in the NPS page to access curated resources that will help you become either a mentor, mentee, or both!
- Access additional CLP resources on Mentoring.
- Find an informal mentor in the CLP Commons!