This suite of documents addresses damage assessment and investigations related to ARPA. They were utilized as part of the ARPA for Cultural Resources Professionals training course.
- SAA’s Professional Standards for Determining Archaeological Value
- NPS Technical Brief 20: Archeological Resource Damage Assessment, Legal Basis and Methods
- Template for Writing an NPS Damage Assessment Report
- Template for Resource Damage Assessment (2019)
- NAGPRA Plan of Action (Recovery and Seizure of NAGPRA Items in an ARPA Case)
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure Rule 6e
- USDA: Part 365: Acting as an Expert Witness
- Guidance Document for Characterizing Tribal Cultural Landscapes
- EFMO: Serious Mismanagement Report
- Using ARPA Civil Penalties To Protect Archeological Resources on Public and Indian Lands
For more information about ARPA, visit the Knowledge Park!