This class has been updated to focus on Aquarius NG – the new version of Aquarium implemented servicewide in the spring of 2017. This is the same version of Aquarius used by the U.S. Geological Survey.
Students will gain hands-on training in the use of Aquatic Informatics’ Aquarius Time Series Next Generation (NG) data management software to manage continuous data (e.g. water quality and quantity, meteorological, etc.) and associated field visit and QC data. The focus will be on mastering the intricacies of the new Springboard environment:
- importing data into Aquarius NG;
- learning how to use the new Data Correction and Review tools to correct, grade, and approve data for publication;
- exploring the new Field Visit Data / Field Data Editor;
- learning how to integrate and use QC data; and
- discovering how to export, report, and analyze data.
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Master the intricacies of the new Springboard environment;
- Import data into Aquarius NG;
- Use the new Data Correction and Review tools;
- Explore the new Field Visit Data / Field Data Editor;
- Integrate/use QC data; and
- Export, report, and analyze data in Aquarius.
Other topics such as rating curves will be covered as time and student interest allow.
NPS hydrologists, ecologists, aquatic professionals, data managers and others tasked with collecting, correcting, analyzing, reporting and archiving continuous water resource data.
Instructor led; 24 hours.
This class is generally offered once/year.
Focus will be on the water quality workflow and geared toward existing NPS Aquarius users. As seating in limited, preference will be given to attendees who have already used Aquarius.