The Aspiring Leader Development Program (ALDP) serves as a foundational development program for aspiring leaders by providing participants with skills and tools that support the pursuit and ownership of their personal leadership development.
The ALDP is not geared toward specific positions or disciplines. This program is open to any NPS employee who meets the following criteria:
- You are currently employed as a term or permanent full-time NPS employee.
- Your current position is at GS-5 through GS-7 or Wage Grade equivalent.
The application for the ALDP is a two step process:
- Step One: Complete a Phase I application. Once completed, individuals will receive a link an email with the requirements and link to lynda.com to begin the phase.
- Step Two: Phase II applications require applicants to:
- Complete an ALDP Phase II Participant Application Form
- Receive supervisory approval; applicants’ supervisor(s) must complete an ALDP Supervisor Approval Support Form
Applicants are organized by region with the intend of providing balance geographically dispersed cohort members. Selected ALDP applicants are notified once assigned to the cohort. Each cohort will have 32 participants.
About the Application Phases
The application for the ALDP consists of two phases.
ALDP Phase I will use TedtalksTM and the Lynda.com platform with maximum access from mobile devices, desktops and laptops. Individuals will have 60 days once enrolled in Phase I to complete all Phase I requirements; individuals must watch all of the videos, complete the assessment and feedback surveys. After the 60 days, individuals may lose their access and have to reapply to ALDP Phase I. Upon completion of the requirements, individuals will receive a confirmation email of their eligibility for ALDP Phase II.
To apply to Phase I, submit the 2020 Aspiring Leader Development Program Phase I Application.
After completing ALDP Phase I (you will receive a confirmation email), individuals must complete the ALDP Beta 2 Pilot Phase II application to request enrollment in ALDP Phase II and receive an assignment to an ALDP cohort. In addition to the confirmation of completion of ALDP Phase I, the applicant’s Supervisor(s) must complete an enrollment form acknowledging:
- their approval for the individual to participate in the program
- the individuals access to a DOI/NPS government computer for both the workshops and assignments
- the program has an expectation of 4-6 hours developmental commitment per month
The applicants must have all three requirements (ALDP Phase I completion, an ALDP Phase II application submission, and an ALDP Supervisor Approval Form) completed prior to being accepted into Phase II and assigned to an ALDP cohort.
Both the Applicant and Supervisor applications must be completed for enrollment into Phase II:
- 2019 Aspiring Leader Development Program Phase II Application. A link to this Form will be shared in the Phase II completion email.
- 2019 Aspiring Leader Development Program Supervisor Approval Form. A link to this Form will be shared in the Phase II completion email.
Check out a sample ALDP Beta 2 Pilot Phase II Schedule to see what kinds of topics will be covered.
Do you have additional questions about the ALDP or the enrollment process? Email Michelle Dunham at email@example.com for more information.