Know a great leader? What sets their leadership apart from the rest? According to Travis Bradberry, who is the co-founder of the emotional intelligence training company TalentSmart, great leaders embody 6 critical behaviors that make their leadership remarkably effective.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Know that improving leadership skills is within your control
- Recognize that great leadership is dynamic
- Recall 6 critical characteristics that great leaders exemplify
After reading the article, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this article with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- Name one person in your life who demonstrates great leadership. (If you cannot think of any great leaders in your own life, name any leader – current or historical – who demonstrates great leadership).
- In your own words, what makes their leadership so remarkable? Which of the 6 behaviors mentioned in this article does this leader demonstrate?
- Which of these 6 behaviors do you demonstrate? How can you leverage this trait to be even more effective in the workplace?