On January 11, 2018, the CLP team hosted a webinar to discuss the Section 508 requirements that apply to the Common Learning Portal (CLP). The webinar hosts covered what must be done in order for all content types (documents, images, and multimedia) to be published site-wide to the CLP. The CLP team was also joined by a guest speaker, the NPS Section 508 Coordinator, Bernie Gordon.
Beginning January 18, 2018, new content which CLP content authors place into a Team Published status will be rejected for site-wide publication (put back into Pending Review status) unless it is 508 compliant. This webinar provides CLP content authors with the knowledge they need to properly prepare their content for publishing on the CLP.
By the conclusion of the webinar, participants are able to:
- Explain why content entered directly on CLP pages is 508 compliant.
- List the specific instances in which CLP content teams must ensure their CLP content is 508 compliant.
- Find CLP resources which explain how to make CLP content 508 compliant.
- Use CLP resources to ensure CLP content is 508 compliant.
View the Presentation Slides
The presentation slides are located on OneDrive; you will need to be on the VPN/DOI network in order to access.
- Section 508 Accessibility and Best Practices
- InsideNPS Digital Accessibility Guide
- Creating Accessible Documents: STMA Job Aids
- Resources to Create and Maintain Accessible Microsoft Word Documents
- Resources to Create and Maintain Accessible Microsoft PowerPoints
- Resources to Create and Maintain Accessible PDFs
- Resources to Create and Maintain Accessible Excel Documents
- 508 Guidance for CLP Media Content
- Distance Learning Group Webinar Accessibility Guide
- Accessibility and Section 508 Working Group on the CLP