Having a great mentor can be life-changing so how do you differentiate a great mentor from a not-so-great mentor? In this Forbes article, author, speaker, and founding partner of Proteus, Ericka Anderson, shares 5 core qualities that make great mentors great.
What You’ll Learn
After completing the work on this page, you will be able to:
- Recall 5 core qualities that great mentors exemplify
- Reflect on other qualities that facilitate a positive and productive mentor relationship
- Recognize people in your life who demonstrate these qualities
Please note: when accessing the article, use Google Chrome not Internet Explorer.
After reading the article, reflect on the following questions. Jot down your thoughts. Consider sharing this article with a colleague or a work group for an insightful discussion.
- Which of these 5 core qualities is most important to you in a mentor relationship? Why?
- Besides these 5 core qualities, what other qualities should a good mentor have?
- Reflect on leaders in your life. Name 2-3 people who demonstrate these 5 core qualities and any other qualities that are important to you.