This partnership case study was created by Hollie Lynch from the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park for a live and virtual course on Partnerships as part of the Developing Curriculum-based Education course.
During this session, she shared the great partnership work that her park has been engaged in with local partners. Additionally, she shared other effective partnership stories from across the NPS.
What You’ll Find
The session goals were to:
- Identify challenges parks face without partners
- Describe the benefits of collaborating with partners
- Identify potential partners and how to include them in the planning process
- Describe assessment strategies
- Mapping Exercise – the purpose of the mapping activity was to get participants thinking creatively about potential partners in their own backyard by mapping their local community.
- NPS Partnership Case Studies
- Brian O’Neill’s 21 Partnership Success Factors
- Check out other partnership success stories from across the NPS
- Can you think of any additional partnership opportunities for your park/unit?
- Check out other partnership success stories. What can you apply at your park?